In support of public health initiatives to keep you safe, all airport visitors, passengers, and staff are required to wear a face mask while at the airport. A face mask is required in the
Executive Order on Promoting COVID-19 Safety in
Domestic and International Travel and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention Order: Requirement for
Persons to Wear Masks While on Conveyances and at Transportation Hubs. Refusal to wear a face mask may result in penalties under federal law.
For questions on which masks are acceptable, read the CDC's Guide to Masks.
What We're Doing
We want to ensure all passengers and airport visitors that we are proactively working to reduce the potential risk of exposure within our terminal. Our janitorial staff
have always made cleanliness of our facility a priority and will continue to complete thorough cleanings, as well as more frequent attention to heavy touch points. Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport Authority is staying
connected to state and federal partners as they monitor the virus and will update this page as changes happen. Our Stay Healthy, Fly Safe initiative includes the following safety measures:
- Thorough cleaning of high touchpoint surfaces in the terminal.
- Plexiglass barriers at the ticket counters.
- Hand sanitizer at gates and restrooms.
- Signage, floor markings, and spaced out seating to encourage social distancing.
- Following Federal, County, and City direction on wearing masks while at the airport.
Measures taken by the airlines and TSA:
The Arizona Department of Health Services is offering free COVID-19 tests in the passenger terminal and the Economy Lot.
Passenger Terminal Testing Site - 6033 South Sossaman Road, Mesa
COVID-19 testing at the Charles L. Williams Passenger Terminal is for ticketed passengers only on a voluntary basis and available only on the day of travel. If you are traveling through Gateway Airport and would like to take
advantage of this program, visit labfinder.com/aza to sign up for an appointment. Please note, the testing site is located after you pass through the TSA Security
Economy Lot Testing Site - 7255 East Ray Road, Mesa
Anyone is eligible to be tested at the Economy Lot testing site. Visit labfinder.com/aza to sign up for an appointment. Upon entering the Economy Lot, take a yellow
parking token. Present the token at check in and you will receive a $2 voucher valid for one hour of parking in the Economy Lot. At the lot exit, put your token in the machine then scan the voucher barcode.
As of now, Allegiant is continuing operations while WestJet and Swoop have temporarily suspended service. For any questions relating to flights, past or present, please contact your airline directly:
What You Need to Know
If you have an upcoming flight in or out of Gateway or are picking up or dropping off family or friends, please note the following:
- Federal law requires wearing a mask at all times in and on the airport and failure to comply may result in removal and denial of re-entry. Refusing to wear a mask in or on the airport is a violation of federal law;
individuals may be subject to penalties under federal law.
- Don't enter the terminal unless you are a passenger. When picking up family and friends, park in the Cell Phone Lot and wait until your passengers are curbside before picking them up.
- The rental car companies have modified their hours of operation. The rental car counters will open at 7:00 AM every day and close after the last arriving flight each day except Tuesday when they
close at 9:00 PM. Please make your reservation in advance.
- Transportation companies including taxi, ride share, shuttle, and sedan may have limited or suspended service. Please contact providers directly for availability, advanced reservations, and safety requirements such as face
coverings. Visit our Transportation page for a list of licensed transportation providers.
- Copper Plate Bar & Grill, O.H.S.O. Brewery, and Panera will be open for busy flight times.
- The Phoenix and Saguaro Mercantile are open. View more information on the Restaurants & Shops page.
- All parking lots are open. Visit the Parking page for lot information and a map.